Finding the perfect donor
Thank you for choosing Precious Pearl Egg Donation Agency to help you create a family through egg donation! We will guide you through the whole process of choosing an egg donor and becoming a parent and make it easy and enjoyable.
The most important part of the egg donation process at Precious Pearl is the compatibility of our egg donors and intended parents. Our team ensures that you will have the guidance and support you need as you move through your journey.
Step One: Finding the right Egg Donor
The first step, before the egg donation procedure even begins, is to find the right egg donor. This is a two-step process that requires your to:
- Register to browse our egg donor database. You can register with us online or talk to us via telephone. Once registered, you may immediately log in to our egg donor database and begin reviewing egg donors. We will review your registration and then contact you via email or telephone to tailor the entire process to your needs.
- Identify the egg donor you want to work with. Once you have found an egg donor you would like to use, Precious Pearl will contact her to discuss timing and confirm availability. When this has been completed, we will send you our formal agreement along with information about next steps.
Step Two: Egg Donor Screenings
As part of the egg donation process, your chosen egg donor will need to undergo a number of screenings along with a legal review. Precious Pearl will contact your physician and provide the donor information on your behalf. Then all of the medical, psychological and genetic screenings can be scheduled. These include:
- A psychological evaluation. The donor will be asked to speak with a psychologist to make sure she fully understands the benefits and risks of egg donation and has proper motivations for becoming a donor.
- A fertility screening. The donor will undergo a physical examination and blood tests to ensure proper ovarian function and reserve.
- A medical screening. The donor will be tested for blood type, infectious diseases, drug use and general health.
- A genetic screening (optional). If a genetic screening is recommended, the donor will be tested for some genetic diseases and her family history will also be evaluated.
All medical screenings will be done at your chosen IVF center. Once all required screenings have been completed, attorneys will draft the legal contract for you to review and sign. The egg donation cycle will not begin until all parties sign the legal contract. Once all parties are in agreement the actual donation procedure can begin.
Step Three: Egg Retrieval, Fertilization and Embryo Transfer
The entire egg stimulation and donation cycle takes approximately six weeks from start to finish. The process involves utilizing a donor egg IVF procedure. It is organized by your support team of Precious Pearl professionals and your doctors, and consists of four phases:
- Synchronizing the donor’s menstrual cycle with the intended parent’s menstrual cycle by using birth control pills (for the donor) and estrogen (for the receiver, to develop the uterine lining).
- Stimulating the donor’s ovaries through self-injections of Lupron and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH).
- Retrieving the eggs, which is done by the doctor via ultrasound guidance.
- Transferring the fertilized embryos to the womb of the intended parent.
If you will be carrying the embryo, you will have already undergone medical and genetic screening similar to your egg donor, in addition to psychological counseling to prepare you for this complex, life-altering experience.
As part of the egg donation procedure, the embryo(s) will be transferred to the recipient’s uterus three to five days after fertilization. Hormones will continue to be given until the pregnancy test and then, if the test is positive, during the early part of the first trimester of the resulting pregnancy. At this point you will be under the care of your doctor. And while Precious Pearl’s work is done, a whole new chapter in your life is just beginning.
If you have any additional questions about IVF or the egg donation process please call +1(818)9709639 or contact us online.