Qualifications of an Egg Donor
Precious Pearl Egg Donation conducts an intensive and thorough screening process before a woman is able to join our egg donor program. These egg donor requirements are necessary to ensure a positive experience and a healthy baby, but are also part of the guidelines set forth by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA oversees all donor tissue programs (including donor eggs) and requires us to ask very specific questions about your health history, sexual history, and other health related activities as part of the egg donor qualification process.
To qualify as an egg donor candidate, you must:
- Be between the ages of 21 and 34 years old
- Be in good health, physically and emotionally
- Have a BMI within a normal, healthy range (being overweight or underweight can affect egg quality)
- Have regular menstrual cycles
- Not currently be on Depo-Provera, Mirena IUD or Norplant
- Have not travelled to a country or countries affected by the Zika virus in the last 6 months
- Be willing to undergo a medical and psychological evaluation
- Be willing to take injectable medication
- Be free from sexually transmitted diseases within the last year
- Have no history of drug use (urine toxicology tests may be completed during the egg donor screening process)
- Be available for approximately 4-10 appointments (you may need to travel for 2 to 12 days if your IVF center is very far from your home or out of state)
- Refrain from getting any tattoos or body piercings within the six months prior to initiating an egg donation, and while undergoing an egg donation cycle
- Be willing to commit to the process for a minimum of six months
We require that egg donors complete no more than six donations in their lifetime, which is in adherence with egg donation guidelines set forth by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. However, Precious Pearl Egg Donation is looking for women who truly want to help others fulfill their wish of becoming parents. The commitment required of you will be matched by Precious Pearl’s consistent support, clear direction and helpful coordination of care. Our egg donors remain anonymous unless both parties—donor and intended parent(s)—agree otherwise.
Learn More About Egg Donor Requirements:
To learn more about the qualifications to donate eggs, becoming an egg donor or to start the process today, fill out our egg donor registration form.